"I'll blame this one on the recession"


I've made some friends through all this Bloggery I've been doing and happened to impart the details linked to most of my relationship related posts. I've been trying to put the issue to rest but sometimes you need to stand by your failures to recognize your success. I know I'm not well versed in the rules that apply to this life, the "Rules of the game" if you will. I learned at a late age not to believe my eyes more than my ears, learning the difference between rules and reality still irks me at times, and I often wonder how long I would have lasted on the island in "Lord of the Flies"? So for me the discussion is always more an inquiry on a topic than dwelling on a sad story. At any rate I got an email this morning of some comments made, I guess about me and my lack of understanding for "real world" nuance. Like, "if she's not getting it from you, she'll get it somewhere else", "shit or get off the pot", "Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear", all adages I have heard but never really incorporated into my mindset. (I still really don't think i can?)

So this is what one of my compadres and their friends came up with as a way to sate my anger one night apparently.

"Dude don't worry, you had her in her prime."

"It's your fault, your game's not tight enough"

"She's not going to age well, it's down hill from here."

"You get what you pay for"

"They weighed the same? Does that make him a waif or her a whale?"

"If it's meant to be, it would have been."

"Don't worry there's always J-date or eHarmony"

"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

"In about 5 years when gravity takes over, you'll look back and be glad this happened"

"Be glad this happened before you had kids"

"You're to young to settle down"

Though I don't believe all of this, and I have no idea who said what, it all makes me laugh. Especially the one about my game being weak thanks for that!

I want to hear some more funny sayings. Leave some in the comments if you think of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment